Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Episod 4: The big day that changed me.

I was just behind the librairy's door. I took a deep breathing and I entered. I walked next to the bitchy group who were looking at me and laughing. I did not look at them. I will deal with this problem later. I arrived in the table where John was sitting and waiting for me with a photographic book in his hands. I approached to him:

-Hi John, how are you?
-Good, you Sarah?
-Very well! I discovered something very interesting this afternoon!
-What! A new site to take picture?
-No, that you were a big bastard!
-I beg you pardon!
-Oh John please! You are more clever than that! Do you think I am so stupid?
-What are you talking about Sarah!
-Fucking bastard! I was in the toilets when your bitchy friends talked about your challenge of touching me and kissing me!

He became red but carried on denying.

-Sorry Sarah, but I do not know what you are talking about!
-Oh really!

I grabbed his camera that was next to him and I just dropped it on the floor.

-What are you doing! by shouting.

He took his broken camera from the floor.

-Well now I hope you will never forget that no one has the right to laugh at me. I had so much respect for you John, you can not imagine, but you are just like the others, laughing at weak people, but I have good news for you, I am not a weak person, I am Moroccan !

Then I left him with a big smile. But I haven't finished my job. I went to see the bitchy friends who obviously did not miss the show. I took another deep breathing and slammed Jenny. A big slam on her face.
She was not expecting it. The noise of my hand on her cheek created a big silent on the librairy.
Then I said to her:

-That's for laughing at me, bitch!

I looked at her friend and told them:
-Do you want some to?

They took their book and run away.

After few seconds, Jenny started crying and shouted: I swear you will pay it!
-Really, I said. I am so scared. Shssss! Listen ! Your mama is calling you.

She run away too.

After this big show, I obviously got punished by the school. Jenny told everything to her parents that said everything to the headteacher who decided to expulse me from the school for 2 weeks. I was lucky because I could get more but because I was the best student at school, they just gave me 2 weeks. I learnt few times after this day that John said nothing about his camera. He stayed mute.

My parents were a bit shocked of what I did at school but they were not upset. I explained to them everything. They explained to me that violence does not resolve everything in this world and I understood what they were saying but the things that John and Jenny did to me could harm me more if I was not mentally strong. The only thing that my father wanted me to do is to apology to Jenny. My mom did not want to. But I did not want to make my father angry and I agreed to go to see Jenny and apology.
That was a bit hard for me because I do not regret what I did because she deserved it but once again I did not want to make my father upset.

The next day, Mum and I went to Jenny's house. We knocked at the door and a beautiful blond woman who looks like Jenny opened the door. She was her mom. My mum talked first.

-Hello Mrs Reynolds,we are...
-I know who you are! Well Sarah are you proud of what you did to my daughter? She is gonna have this pinky trace on her cheek for weeks. I am not sure if she can participate to the Beauty Competition of New's week Journal...
-Well Mrs Reynolds Sarah came here to apologise.
-Hun! Apologise! Are you serious! I do not know Miss Jenkins how you educate your girl but she is just a savage girl with no manner!
-Mrs Reynold, you forgot that your beautiful daughter laughed at Sarah and harasses her often at school!
-You know how are kids! They laugh at other kids and that is it. it is just kid games. Nothing harmful!
-Yes but no kid has the right to laugh at my daughter!
-As I can see Mrs Jenkins you are just like your own daughter! You have no manners! I wonder where you got your education!

My mum stayed mute. I could hear her heart beating faster. She looked at me and ordered me:

-Sarah, go to the car!
-Mum!
-I said go the car!

I obeyed and went to the car.

My mom looked at Mrs Reynolds by smiling:

-Dear Mrs Reynolds, I received my education from Morocco a very good education better than yours. If I was not an adult I would do to you what my daughter did to your beautiful kid. We came here to apologise, you do not want them, fine, but don't you dare to talk to me like this!
Have a great day, Mrs Reynolds.

Mom left, got in the car and we left. I said nothing and my mum said nothing. I did not hear what mum told Mrs Jenkings but I could guess. Once at home, we said nothing to Dad. But he did not ask us anything. I was so proud of my mom and was so happy to have her because she always protected me. I know, beating someone is not the best thing to do to but Mom knew that I had no other choice to protect my dignity.
-

No comments: